TERMS & CONDITIONS
GROUNDUP CENTRAL MEMBERSHIP
Last updated: 08 September 2020
1. These Terms apply to all applicants that have submitted an application to be a Groundup Central member (“Applicant”).
2. NVPC may, in its absolute discretion, approve or reject an application for Groundup Central membership. Applicants shall furnish all required information via the online form or to NVPC directly and shall also follow through with the subsequent steps where requested:
i. An in-person or virtual meeting with the Applicant or personnel authorised to represent the Applicant to gather more information, where recordings of the meeting may be required for documentation purposes.
ii. Access, as an observer, to activities conducted by the Applicant.
3. Any information provided by the Applicant on Groundup Central may be reproduced, modified or displayed in whole or in part by NVPC on any other platform, app or website owned, operated or licensed by NVPC, for purposes of promoting volunteerism and philanthropy.
4. The Applicant has no right to assign or transfer any of its rights hereunder and shall remain fully liable for all its obligations, and for the due performance thereof.
5. The Applicant and NVPC shall not be deemed to be a partner or agent of the other nor shall anything herein, in particular the disbursement of any funds by NVPC be construed as creating a partnership, joint association, trust or collaboration and the Applicant agrees that it shall not represent, make any commitment or bind NVPC to third parties in any way.
6. The Applicant will:
a. Not use the Groundup Central membership for any commercial purpose;
b. If applicable, keep confidential information relating to access to Groundup Central, including but not limited to user name and password;
c. Be solely responsible for any and all use of the Groundup Central account under Applicant’s membership number, user name and/or password and not sell, transfer or allow any other party to use the account. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Applicant will notify NVPC immediately if unauthorised use of password and/or account is suspected;
d. Ensure that all equipment used to access Groundup Central are well maintained and free from computer viruses and programs of any kind which may cause harm or damage, including but not limited to use of updated anti-virus programs to prevent such equipment from acquiring and transmitting such viruses or programs;
e. Be responsible for true and updated information about the Applicant, its activities, its use of funds and other information material to users on Groundup Central. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Applicant shall inform NVPC immediately in writing if there are changes to the former’s information;
f. Be accountable for any communications and enquiries from users regarding Applicant’s initiative;
g. Comply with all laws and regulations including but not limited to those regarding fundraising and personal data protection; and
h. Use best efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its volunteers.
8. NVPC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to vary the above terms from time to time and all changes will be posted on this page.
9. Use and/or continued use of the Groundup Cental member status constitutes agreement by the Applicant to be bound by the terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not apply for the membership.
10. NVPC reserves the right to terminate access to Groundup Central and any Groundup Central membership account if the account owner or any members associated with it is in breach of the law or any of these Terms.
11. These Terms shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The Applicant and NVPC agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.